Thursday, February 11, 2016

Valentine Cuties

These are cuties.. "Valentine Cuties" that the kids and I worked together in creating cute, healthy treats for them to give to their friends at school.


I almost caved to buying a pack of pre-made Valentines cards. I mean, after all, it is quick and easy. These Valentine Cuties took two evenings to put together. The kiddies helped with cutting out hearts, writing and signing a "cutie" note, gluing pieces together, counting and lining up the cutie characters, and helping hold the cellophane while I tied the knot.



While I won't say spending two evenings was fun, I will say the results are very satisfying. The kids and I had crafty art time together. We had teamwork, in putting together the pieces. We created from simple things from home. We made gifts! It felt good not to be passing out candy, and I hope it helped make the act of giving a more personal experience for the kids. Each Valentine Cutie was unique in its own way... foot position, heart message, and of course, smiley face!

No comments:

Post a Comment