Saturday, February 27, 2010

Hard Labor

Connie's been in active labor since about midnight on Friday.  We headed to UCSD hospital in Hillcrest at about 1:30 am.  By about 5 am, she was at 6 cm.  The doula (Diana) says she should be in the transition stage now which is 7-10 cm.  When she gets to 10 cm, they'll allow her to start pushing.  It's been an incredible ride so far, and I'm amazed at Connie's tenacity.  Diana has been a tremendous asset as there's no way I would know how to deal with this myself.  Connie's "lounging" in the tub right now after it took literally hours to get it filled with water.

More to come...

1 comment:

  1. You are all on our minds - in fact you guys were in both of our dreams this morning. I dreamed that you named the baby ----(I'll tell you after) , and that you also got a new dog, a big fat bulldog! Bill dreamed that Ryan came and asked if he could borrow a certain tri-cam to build a top rope anchor - Just how does that fit in with the tub? :-)

    D-

    ReplyDelete