Thursday, May 30, 2013

Alpha Warrior and a Windows-like iMac

We had camera failure a while back that took us offline for a while. And now I have an iMac issue which prevents me from being plugged into the borg-internet (aka my excuse for not having updated posts!). An upside for Windows machines are that they are extremely easy to swap out and replace components. An iMac.. not so much.

We've been extremely busy again with the usual - work, kiddies, deck, etc. Oh, and also training (sort of) for the Alpha Warrior. Let me just re-iterate... the Alpha Warrior!



This is the "full-on, hard core, don't-tell-my-physical-therapist obstacle course" I was mentioning in a few posts back. Both Ryan and I, joined with 3 other of our friends, have formed a team to take on the challenge of the Alpha Warrior.

It has been fun times so far. Ryan and I have analyzed the obstacles, discussed the strategies and what we think will be the difficulties, and the best part of it, is that Ryan created our own mini-obstacles to train at home. I will have to video/document our home obstacles. The kids are even getting into the spirit of it as they are doing a lot of jumping around since they see mama and baba doing that. 2.5 weeks left... BRING IT!


2 comments:

  1. That looks awesome. I think I saw Brent Steffenson of American Ninja Warrior in that video.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! You are a true American Ninja Warrior fan! Indeed, IT IS Brent Steffenson. I met him at the ROC Race while he was promoting the Alpha Warrior. They had a Salmon Ladder for people to demo. I was excited to try... but failed miserably. I'm hoping to redeem myself at the Alpha Warrior! Stay tuned. I hope to get videos of the course and our team's attempts. =)

      Delete