Thursday, February 28, 2013

All Hands on Deck...

Big boss has informed us that ETA of the next high-profile project (which I've been doing critical development work on for the past 6+ months) is THIS SUNDAY. Depending on how my portion of it goes, it will either be a big success or a big fail that will be my responsibility. Indeed, my work responsibilities have grown in difficulty and ownership over the few years making this time around seem even more anxious. No pressure. =P From prior experience, I am expecting 80 hour work weeks of lab confinement. Probably some heated stressed moments and arguments. Hopefully some high fives and little successes...

I have my office stocked with healthy food and LOTS of coffee beans. The work fridge freezer is stocked with my frozen veggies. A spare set of running shoes is hiding in my cabinet. (Last time I recall needing to go for a run around the parking lot at 2am with pent up energy.) A Costco run will most definitely happen as I whip up massive amounts of food to freeze that will feed Ryan and the kiddies for the next few weeks. Sleeping bag and pillow are coming with me to the lab this time around. At least I didn't miss out on Emilia's 3rd birthday.

Okay work, BRING IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment