Thursday, March 4, 2010

Mission Control... I'm here!

I am alive and finally in a somewhat coherent state after 6 days of blur and several hours of total sleep. Now I finally know why parents are always tired. Anyhow, a quick post before the kiddies wake up:


I haven't been able to get back to everyone yet, but just want to say thanks for the supportive messages and congrats! It kept us in a good place as first-time parents dealing with all the details that goes into a newborn at a hospital. Besides having lack of sleep, the rest of me is recovering quickly, which is one of the benefits of going with a natural birth. I guess a trade-off for having intense labor for an easier physical transition to motherhood. =P It also helps that Ryan took care of EVERYTHING and keeping all the posts up-to-date. (Thanks sweetie!) He's a big part of taking care of Emilia in the wee hours of the morning and still staying on top of chores and things that need to be done. Oh, and I take back my comment about labor being a piece of cake That was just the trojan horse that deluded the reality!

Anyhow, all of us are happily adapting to life at home now, and Emilia couldn't be more content not sleeping in a blue tub now.


Thanks for everyone's support and checking!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Connie and Ryan. Emilia is so beautiful and thankfully very healthy! You guys made a very cute baby, by the way. :-)

    ReplyDelete