Monday, April 20, 2015

TRX and Certified!

I am TRX Certified! Yup. Somewhat on a whim, after trying to find a gym or class that would teach TRX SAFELY, I decided to get trained officially by the TRX Training Center, to ensure that I know and do the exercises correctly. As a bonus, I am certified to teach TRX too!


I can't Olympic Weight-lift heavy things anymore because of back issues, so I've been interested in switching to TRX for strength training. It will also function as an additional tool for PT/rehab to develop more core strength and control (and therefore lessen overstrain of injury prone areas). Prior to the course, I took a trial TRX class at a local gym and was hugely disappointed at all the wrong movements I was doing which were uncorrected by the trainer. I didn't find out I was doing things wrong til after taking the certification, which is EXACTLY why I took the course. TRX can be very effective, but also can cause injury if not done right. I've been injured and in recovery for the past 3 years, so my goal this year has simply been "Stay active; Don't get injured." =P


Most of the 15 people that took the course, all are personal trainers. There were 3 non-fitness industry professionals, and we are all engineers! I wasn't alone. We blend in okay I think. Anyways, give me a few months of consistent TRXing, and I'll have to report back on it then. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment