Sunday, March 29, 2015

Little Artists

Weather was great, hot in the sun, nice and warm in the shade. Perfect for doing some outdoor art work.


These two love to draw and color, especially Emilia, all the time. In fact, the teacher once asked if we let her color at home, thinking we deprive her of coloring because at school, she goes straight for the coloring tools and colors pages and pages of work.. I guess enough for the teacher to notice. heheh.


We make sure the kids have respect for their "coloring tool", that is, no throwing them around or coloring anything other than the surface area they are working with, and always cleaning up and putting crayons/markers/color pencils away. No sticking pencils up their noses or eating crayons or marking themselves.. which they have at some point and time done in the past and faced the consequences of having the coloring tools taken away from them. So.. not deprived, but definitely taught responsibility for them coloring tools.. among other things.



Love it! Kids are happy with painting. Mama is happy that its so easy and mess-free since they have developed pretty good habits. Oh, and they are painting some shipping boxes we have lying around.


Kiddos also did some sidewalk chalking, though Liam's interest waned after a while. He is still interested in the many squirrels that dart about in the grove, despite being bitten. I'm pretty sure he spotted a chubby lil' squirrel out past the viewpoint of this photo.


Emilia kept going strong, coloring everything around her arms-reach radius. Here she is evaluating her drawing.. deciding what color? or what to do? I dunno, but I like seeing the focus she has.


.. that is until I distract her with a "Smile for the camera!". No smile. Sorry for interrupting kiddo! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment