Roger came to visit over the holidays. We always look forward to having him around, because it means fun for all of us! Last time Roger was here, we had a 5+ hour climbing session. This time around, we took an impromptu trip to visit Chris Sharma's rock climbing gym, Sender One!
Sender One is one heck of a gym. The top rope area is amazing with tall and uniquely structured walls. There is even a special kids area, though my kids do not meet the minimum weight limit yet to participate. We hung out in the bouldering area cause that's what we do.
360 degree panoramic view (11 shots stitched together) of the boulder area. See the kiddos hanging out right in the center?
Sender One's boulder area is not that great for little kids. Even the easy climbs were hard for them. But the kiddos were content with snacking lots and playing around.
E making pretzel faces...
I found Liam just chillin' about near our gear...
And a little later, I found all of our shoes, water bottles, misc things here...
And selfie with the kiddos!
Emilia had a conversation with a random climber where I was within ear shot distance. It went something like this:
Emilia: "Santa came to visit when I was asleep."
Guy at the gym: "What did he give you?"
Emilia: "Presents!"
Emilia: "Though I don't know if it was Santa. Or it may be my parents."
Emilia: "Mama, did Santa come and leave us presents?"
Me: "Um... Of course."
Guy at the gym: Laughs.
Emilia: "I think he did, but I don't know. I saw wrapping paper downstairs...so it may be my parents."
Me: "Hey, take a look at this!" (Distraction technique)
Emilia: Walks away.
Guy at gym says to me: "She has good critical thinking".
While the kids went about their merry ways, the adults would climb, check on kiddies, climb some more, check on kiddies some more.
Here's one of Ryan's climb that took a few attempts to complete. This is an earlier attempt:
Ryan, bend those knees when you land!
A little rest, and he completed it on the next try!
All in all, we had another great climbing outing. Hopefully our next one the kiddies will get to climb more.
Sunday, January 4, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment