Friday, August 29, 2014

Embrace the SUCK..

I took the day off today to do a last long training session - a simulation of what to expect on race day. 13.5 mile of hills, 2100 feet elevation change, 85-95 degree hot weather, with 9 sets of 30 burpees dispersed in-between the miles, and a rope climb at the end.

5 hours, 2L of water, 2 Gus, 1 Stinger waffer, 1 bar, 1 banana, 1 mustard packet. The last 2 miles of hill climb were awful. That's where the mustard packet test came in, and it really did relieve muscle cramp in the legs!

Race day is not going to be easy... I'm aiming just for completion at this point and changing my finish time estimate to 7 hours now. #gettingverynervous

Update: As I'm unwinding from my training session and on mama-duty now, Ryan gears up and heads out for his! I LOVE this family and how we get our training done! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment