Saturday, November 9, 2013

Shiny Happy People

The lil' girl has not been confined to a caged bed (aka crib) for a long while now... which means, the earlier she wakes up, the more unattended free range she has around the house! I have become somewhat resigned to the fact that there are mornings when things are not the way they should be. One of her favorite morning activities, other than snuggling (aka kicking/punching) with us, is "playing" on my desk.. swivel around on the office chair, tap on all the keys of the keyboard, etc. Ryan finally password protected my computer after finding she had changed short-keys and random settings that are still to this day, irrevocable. So far the worse and most memorable incidents have been:

1) Finding an open and empty container of travel sunblock lying around.. and then discovering too late, where all that sunblock went...on my toothbrush!
2) Sitting down at my desk to find a mass of papers all stuck and glued together with a half-empty bottle of glue dripping nearby.

Needless to say, I do get irate by these "surprises", but one evening as I was examining the damage from that morning, just as my temper was starting to flare up when I observed ink stains on my keyboard, I came across one of my mail letters with vandalism inked all over....


Nothing beats coming home from a long day of work and obligations, to have a reality check of what really matters... my lil' girl drew five smiling happy circles holding hands... <3 (An added plus --> the ink stains on the keyboard came out easily.. whew!)

1 comment:

  1. So who is number 5? Are you getting a dog?

    ReplyDelete