With the new year comes new changes that we knew would be coming. The kiddies are growing fast as evident by the cycling of old/new clothes to find the right ones that fit them and I swear, they get heavier by the day! Both kiddies are explorative and playful, with a side of mischievous and have reached a point where new learning and experiences are needed for both of them. Liam is at a point where more one-on-one attention to focus on his needs and develop an independence (from his sis) will be good for him. Emilia is at a point where structured development will be good for her. She has been asking to go to school for the past several months. So, a big change this new year is that Emilia starts pre-school. Emilia will have a whole new world of experience ahead of her and Liam will now get more one-on-one time with the nanny, while Ryan and I with have a more complex parent schedule shuffle.
Now with pre-school added to the routine, early morning wake-up is mandatory and not a choice anymore. Finding time for exercise is more constraint and I find myself doing whatever I can in the in-between time. A quick set of push-ups or sit-ups in-between getting things done, like while waiting for the wok pan to heat up to cook dinner. Or going for a run during lunch time or quick set of squats in the women's locker room for a quick work break. Yup. I have to get the exercise in where ever and when ever now.
Work for both Ryan and I is extremely busy. Ryan has a deadline imposed by the economy to get the deck done. And my work is ramping up exponentially. The FPGA design work I have been doing the past year is in functional debug and verification. Lots of stress on whether it will be 100% successful in all aspects and ready for the upcoming testchip that is due to arrive very soon in the lab. This blog may be non-existent when that time comes. I anticipate I will be in the work lab 24/7 at that time and Ryan will be a single parent for a short while. Another reason why he needs to get the deck done soon.
So... hopefully we can get some more time stability vs these bursts of time-crunch busy at some point later in 2013. We realize our time spent with family and friends have dwindled down to practically non-existent in 2012, so hopefully we'll have more quality time in 2013!
Thursday, January 10, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment